BEEP BEEP NOOT NOOT!
Later tonight, Codename: Savage will return to the Closed Experimental Server for a 48-hour testing window. Below you can find all the details about the event, including patch notes showing what’s changed since the previous round of testing.
CODENAME: SAVAGE TESTING WINDOW
- OPENS: Mon, April 16, 6pm PDT / Tues, April 17, 3am CEST / April 17, 10am KST
- CLOSES: Wed, April 18, 6pm PDT / Tues, April 19, 3am CEST / April 19, 10am KST
HOW TO GET ACCESS
If you do not already have access to the Closed Experimental Server, you can get one from this website: http://mapbeta.playbattlegrounds.com/
Keys are limited, so hurry if you want one!
If you already have a key for the CES, you don’t need to sign up again—just use the same Closed Experimental Server launcher from last time.
PATCH NOTES (WHAT’S CHANGED SINCE LAST TIME)
- The redzone’s size and duration have both been decreased.
- A new feature enables the bluezone to calculate and adjust its waiting time based on the number of players left alive.
- Grenades now spawn more often.
- The strongest scope which can be obtained from care packages is now the 8x scope.
- Total numbers of boats spawned has been decreased, but boats now spawn more predictably along the towns near the sea.
Three new areas have been added:
Banyan Grove, middle of the island
Abandoned Quarry, middle of the island
Dock, southeast side of the island
- Improved object placement on bridges to better facilitate movement.
- Improved the surrounding terrain to make it easier to climb up to the land from the river.
- Some hard-to-see doors are now more visible (less dark).
- Dynamic weather now changes in real time throughout each match (it used to change just once during each match).
- Wet ground now looks less shiny.
- Improved issue of hearing footsteps late or from incorrect locations.
- Rain sounds have been slightly increased
- A seaside ambient sound effect has now been implemented.
- An inland swamp ambient sound effect has now been implemented.
- Minimap grid marking has been adjusted to match the smaller map size.
- We improved an issue causing the blood effect to block the player's sight after getting hit in FPP mode.
- We fixed an issue causing boats to not consume gas while driving.
- We fixed an issue causing Savage's world map and minimap to look blurry.
- Fixed an issue which sometimes prevented players from moving immediately after using the item quantity pop up menu.
- We fixed an issue causing the minimap to show as blank when viewing the Death Cam.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused players to take no damage when exiting a moving vehicle.
- Killer Spectating mode now works properly even when the killer died shortly after killing the viewing player.
- The camera should now function properly after players are knocked out by fall damage.
- We fixed an issue causing the blood effect to not up properly when shooting other players.
Known Issues (Investigating)
- Sometimes in FPP, if the player was vaulting at the time when the game starts, the player doesn't get on board in the plane and instead flies straight to the final destination of the plane. (LOL)
- Sometimes other players appear as zombies.
PLANS FOR FUTURE TESTING
The feedback you guys gave us during the first round of testing taught us a lot about how to improve Codename: Savage.
The map won’t be ready for a full release for a few more months. But in the meantime, we’ll keep using these super short testing windows to drive development—we believe that working with players in an “open development” process is the best way to make a map that players love. So please keep the feedback coming!
We’ll post an announcement later today once Codename: Savage has gone live on the Closed Experimental Server.